Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is an outstanding brand for PC graphics cards?

I'm looking to upgrade my PC next month to maximize resolution and performance for The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. I don't really know much about hardware, right now I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce GT520, but I'm assuming that won't even allow me to play the game on minimum settings.

I would be very grateful for your help.|||Nvidia Or ATI|||there are only 2 main competitors in the graphics card industry



Nvidia and ATi (AMD)



all other graphics cards manufacturers use the base chipset of the cards these company's produce and tweak voltage and clockcycle settings, also they may have their own version of heatsinks or ram they may swap out but essentially it is still the same card.



You should work out your budget first before you decide on brand, then choose a range that suits what you can afford. Also if your CPU and RAM are crappy dont expect an upgrade to the GPU to work a miracle and magically make your games work better (a crappy CPU is still crappy after upgrading the GPU).



mid range of the market right now would be:



Nvidia GTX560



Radeon 6850

No comments:

Post a Comment